Escaping the heat and hitting the mountain rivers of Western North Carolina is one of the best ways to beat the heat during the sometimes-sizzling summer months. Starting in June, the water is beginning to warm up just enough, making it a perfect time to make new memories in this mountain area that has something for everyone.
When you escape to Asheville, you’ll enjoy cool summer breezes, breathtaking views and awe-inspiring scenery. It’s the ideal destination for a healthy and active vacation and the knowledgeable team at Inspired Getaway is here to help you get settled in your rental and find your way to your great river adventure.
What Are Some Rafting Rivers in the Asheville Area?
The North Carolina mountains are home to several rafting rivers. Whether you’re looking for a river that’s quiet and peaceful or one that offers exhilarating whitewater rafting, you’ll find what you’re looking for in one of these rivers:
- French Broad River. This wide river is the world’s third oldest river and a popular destination for anyone who enjoys either exciting whitewater rafting or calmer river trips.
- Nantahala River. If you’re looking for cold water to relieve the intensity of hot summer days, this iconic mountain river is a great option for a river adventure.
- Green River. There are plenty of river activity options for all levels along the Green River including tubing, canoeing, kayaking and more.
- North Toe River. This meandering river is a great destination for river enthusiasts who enjoy kayaking, canoeing and tubing.
- Pigeon River. The Pigeon River is about 50 miles from Asheville. The Upper Pigeon is filled with continuous waves for an exciting river experience while the Lower Pigeon is gentler and a better option for kids or those unfamiliar with whitewater rafting.
- Tuckasegee River. The calmer rapids of the Tuckasegee River offer the perfect location for tubing, kayaking, paddling and fishing.
Get in touch with nature on the rivers in the Asheville area. Western North Carolina is known for its beauty, and a river adventure may be just what you need to renew and refresh your spirit, while having a whole lot of fun.
Where Are the Best Outfitters in the Asheville Area?
There are various different outfitters in the Asheville area that can provide tours and supplies to meet your needs. Some options include:
- Asheville Outdoor Center. Select a raft, kayak or canoe, and enjoy a seven-mile trip down the French Broad River floating along with the Biltmore Estates property. This is a calm rafting trip that’s perfect for beginners.
- Wai Mauna Asheville Sup Tours. Standup paddleboarding is a great way to enjoy the river. This company offers self-guided rentals or guided paddleboard tours.
- French Broad River Outfitters. This company provides recreational trips as well as outfitting for rafting and whitewater kayaking. Enjoy slow-flowing tubing, canoeing, standup paddleboarding and more.
- Nantahala Outdoor Center. Experience guided family-friendly whitewater rafting or paddling at your own pace with a raft or ducky rental. Nantahala Outdoor Center offers quality gear and guidance for all ability levels.
Start planning a river adventure you’ll remember for a lifetime and experience all the best life has to offer in the Asheville area. Be sure to check out all the properties on Inspired Getaway and book your upcoming stay today.