If you’re looking for an unforgettable mountain escape in the Blue Ridge Mountains, visit the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. Sitting atop Sunset Mountain, it faces the city and neighboring peaks and pinnacles. It’s a historic inn built into the side of the mountain that’s designed for relaxing in the fresh mountain air.
Asheville’s mild climate makes it a great travel destination year-round. When you visit the Omni Grove Park Inn, you can count on first-class service, natural beauty and a location that’s been enjoyed over the years by many famous and historical figures.
What Makes the Grove Park Inn Memorable?
The Omni Grove Park Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places for good reason. It’s a massive hotel with luxurious rooms and breathtaking views. Other amenities that make the Grove Park Inn memorable include:
- Delicious meals. There’s no reason to leave the property if you’re looking for a great dining experience. Whether you have a taste for a luxurious four-course meal, fine dining on a terrace with a spectacular view or a more casual, comfy café, you can find it at the Inn.
- Cocktail lounges. There are many choices for an evening spent enjoying hand-crafted cocktails or an assortment of fine wines. Relax with friends or have fun dancing at the piano bar.
- World-class spa. You won’t forget the spa at the Grove Park Inn, which includes therapeutic waterfall pools, saunas, inhalation rooms and private men’s and women’s contrast pools. The coed room includes both warm and hot pools. Experienced masseurs await your visit.
- Sports center. Guests at the Grove Park Inn enjoy access to the Sports Center, which includes instructor-led fitness classes, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a weight room and an indoor swimming pool.
At the Grove Park Inn, you can enjoy a truly magical experience with quiet meditation by a roaring fire or activities such as a ride on a horse-drawn carriage or a rousing game on the legendary 18-hole Donald Ross championship golf course. And don’t forget to spend some time visiting the many unique gift shops at The Marketplace and Grovewood Village.
Which Historical Figures Have Stayed at the Grove Park Inn?
Walk the halls in the footsteps of an array of trailblazers and historical figures. From movie stars and country singers to first ladies and grand dames, the Grove Park Inn has been a constant in the celebrity world for decades. The hotel’s history includes visits by presidents, authors and other luminaries such as:
- Helen Keller
- Henry Ford
- Thomas Edison
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Barack Obama
- Billy Graham
Author F. Scott Fitzgerald lived there for about a year while struggling with alcoholism and tuberculosis. His wife Zelda was hospitalized nearby for schizophrenia.
Can I Visit the Grove Park Inn if I’m Not a Guest?
As an Inspired Getaway guest, your visit to the Grove Park Inn can be arranged to suit your schedule with dining reservations at one of the hotel’s exclusive restaurants, or ELDR in the nearby Grovewood Village, golf dates and shopping excursions to fill your free time. Some of the things you can enjoy when you’re not an overnight guest include:
- Free parking for up to three hours
- Cocktails and dinner
- Browsing in shops
- Walking Trails
- Watching the gorgeous sunset from the terrace
Whether you’re looking for stunning views, history, comfort or convenience, you’ll find it at the Omni Grove Park Inn. Contact Inspired Getaway to book your upcoming stay in one of our modern, green-home rentals today, complete with special days and evenings at the Grove Park Inn.
Feature Image photo credit via Facebook: @omnigroveparkinn, The Omni Grove Park Inn