When you come to Asheville, North Carolina, in September, you can look forward to local festivals, touring farms or viewing the first fall colors. While peak leaf-viewing season changes year to year, you’re sure to find activities in Asheville that inspire excitement and yes, even love.
Inspired Getaway Partners with local vacation rentals to make your fall visit to Asheville unforgettable. They partner with the region’s top experience-based businesses. When you stay at a vacation rental that uses Inspired Getaway, the best of Asheville is at your fingertips.
What Asheville Festivals Happen in September?
Festivals are designed to bring people who’re interested in the same thing together. Several fall festivals near Asheville include:
- NC Apple Festival. Labor Day Weekend in Hendersonville, 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. No admission, so expect crowds.
- Flock to the Rock Birding Festival. September 17 to 18 at Chimney Rock, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Free with park admission, although there’s an additional charge for the Early Bird Walk at 7:30 am.
- Carolina Mountain Cheese Fest. September 25 at the Oak and Grist Distilling Company in nearby Black Mountain, NC. Buy your tickets in advance, as admission and activities at the event fill up fast.
- Smokey Mountain Elk Fest. September 30 to October 1, 10:00 am to 9:00 pm in Maggie Valley. While no elk are expected, this family-friendly festival marks the beginning of elk rutting season. Five dollars per person.
There are always events in and around Asheville during the month. Plan your visit in advance to include one or more of these activities.
Are There Food-Related Events in the Area?
If you’re interested in one particular kind of food, check out a food trail to sample the variety that the area offers, such as:
- ASAP’s Farm Tour. September 17 to 18. Choose to visit four or five of 17 farms that aren’t usually open to visitors. The tour route is free to all, but bring cash to purchase local products.
- WNC Cheese Trail. Experience the handcrafted cheeses of Western North Carolina.
- Apple-Picking Fun. September is the prime apple-picking season in Western North Carolina, and the area has many orchards you can visit, pick apples and taste some cider as well.
- Wine-Tasting Tours. If you enjoy wine, visit the area’s excellent vineyards, open for tastings and sales.
Where Can I See the Fall Colors?
Typically, the fall color season lasts from the end of September to early November, but it changes year to year. Check ahead of time for the best dates and places, if that’s your goal. The higher reaches of the Blue Ridge Mountains turn color earlier. Color also changes earlier with sun and cooler weather; it lasts longer with rain and warmer weather.
Many overlooks along the Blue Ridge Parkway let you view the glory of autumn in Western North Carolina. If you’re athletically inclined, follow some local hiking trails for fabulous views with or without waterfalls. Several spots worth viewing include:
- Linn Cove Viaduct
- Chestoa View
- Mt. Mitchell
- Mills River Valley Overlook
- Mt. Pisgah
- Pounding Mill Overlook for migrating monarchs
- Waterrock Knob
- Rough Ridge
- Fryingpan Lookout Tower
- Black Balsam Knob Hike
- Devil’s Courthouse
Start making plans to fall in love with Asheville. Book a vacation rental and decide which activities you prefer. Welcome to Asheville, the vibrant mountain hub of Western North Carolina.
Asheville offers some memorable vacation experiences. The mountain scenery and cool summer temperatures are simply icing on the cake because the Western North Carolina region offers so many things to do. Your options include sightseeing, hiking and ziplining.
The North Carolina Arboretum, located just south of Asheville, provides well-groomed trails and beautiful gardens of native species. Educational programs, seasonal events, biking trails, photography, winter lights and garden exhibits make your visit worthwhile as you commune with nature. Other enticements include:
- Art exhibits
- A gift shop
- A Bonsai tree exhibit
- An on-site bistro
What Are Some Specific Features of the Arboretum?
This park sits within the Pisgah National Forest. It features easy hiking paths that include Bent Creek Road, Old Mill Trail and Wolf Branch Road, all of which are shorter than 1.5 miles. The Arboretum also has tougher hiking trails if you’re up for it. You can also find biking trails of various levels of difficulty.
ArborEvenings, a weekly event, includes live music, performances by numerous regional and local artists, and delicious food. It’s free for Arboretum Society members and for visitors who pay the standard parking fee. The parking fee runs from $16 for a passenger car to $100 for a large bus. Except for certain events, there’s no extra entrance fee to visit the Arboretum. Parking discounts include:
- AAA members receive $1 off personal vehicle parking.
- Members of the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Admissions Program can park for free.
- Buncombe County and Henderson County Library ZOOM pass holders receive free parking.
- Active/retired veterans park for free on Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day.
- On the first Tuesday of every month, the Arboretum offers a 50 percent discount on personal vehicle parking.
What Else Does the NC Arboretum Offer?
The NC Arboretum has 65 acres of maintained gardens to delight your senses. Wildflowers at the Arboretum and Bonsai Exhibition Garden always attract a crowd. The gift shops, educational sessions and guided programs offer something for every nature lover.
The Arboretum sits within the Bent Creek Experimental Forest, also part of the Pisgah National Forest. The nearby Bent Creek area is 6,000 acres of recreational forest that doubles as a research center. Broaden your nature experience in Western North Carolina with a visit to Bent Creek for:
- Hiking, biking and horseback riding are only permitted on established pathways within the forest’s boundaries
- Hunting and fishing, but only with the precautionary and necessary measures
- Camping and swimming in the Lake Powhatan Recreation Area, located in the heart of the Bent Creek Experimental Forest
Why Choose Inspired Getaway in Western North Carolina?
Inspired Getaway has concierge services for short-term vacation rental properties. Bringing together the best quality rental properties into one easy-to-access and easy-to-rent website, Inspired Getaway provides an exclusive experience and discounts for guests. The company includes rentals near Asheville and the Arboretum, making you feel at home with:
- Renter benefits
- Individualized services
- A memorable guest experience
Whatever your reason for visiting Western North Carolina, Inspired Getaway properties suit your budget and taste. They help you find the perfect vacation home, from a rustic cabin to a luxurious downtown condo. For an experience of a lifetime, contact Inspired Getaway.
Escaping the heat and hitting the mountain rivers of Western North Carolina is one of the best ways to beat the heat during the sometimes-sizzling summer months. Starting in June, the water is beginning to warm up just enough, making it a perfect time to make new memories in this mountain area that has something for everyone.
When you escape to Asheville, you’ll enjoy cool summer breezes, breathtaking views and awe-inspiring scenery. It’s the ideal destination for a healthy and active vacation and the knowledgeable team at Inspired Getaway is here to help you get settled in your rental and find your way to your great river adventure.
What Are Some Rafting Rivers in the Asheville Area?
The North Carolina mountains are home to several rafting rivers. Whether you’re looking for a river that’s quiet and peaceful or one that offers exhilarating whitewater rafting, you’ll find what you’re looking for in one of these rivers:
- French Broad River. This wide river is the world’s third oldest river and a popular destination for anyone who enjoys either exciting whitewater rafting or calmer river trips.
- Nantahala River. If you’re looking for cold water to relieve the intensity of hot summer days, this iconic mountain river is a great option for a river adventure.
- Green River. There are plenty of river activity options for all levels along the Green River including tubing, canoeing, kayaking and more.
- North Toe River. This meandering river is a great destination for river enthusiasts who enjoy kayaking, canoeing and tubing.
- Pigeon River. The Pigeon River is about 50 miles from Asheville. The Upper Pigeon is filled with continuous waves for an exciting river experience while the Lower Pigeon is gentler and a better option for kids or those unfamiliar with whitewater rafting.
- Tuckasegee River. The calmer rapids of the Tuckasegee River offer the perfect location for tubing, kayaking, paddling and fishing.
Get in touch with nature on the rivers in the Asheville area. Western North Carolina is known for its beauty, and a river adventure may be just what you need to renew and refresh your spirit, while having a whole lot of fun.
Where Are the Best Outfitters in the Asheville Area?
There are various different outfitters in the Asheville area that can provide tours and supplies to meet your needs. Some options include:
- Asheville Outdoor Center. Select a raft, kayak or canoe, and enjoy a seven-mile trip down the French Broad River floating along with the Biltmore Estates property. This is a calm rafting trip that’s perfect for beginners.
- Wai Mauna Asheville Sup Tours. Standup paddleboarding is a great way to enjoy the river. This company offers self-guided rentals or guided paddleboard tours.
- French Broad River Outfitters. This company provides recreational trips as well as outfitting for rafting and whitewater kayaking. Enjoy slow-flowing tubing, canoeing, standup paddleboarding and more.
- Nantahala Outdoor Center. Experience guided family-friendly whitewater rafting or paddling at your own pace with a raft or ducky rental. Nantahala Outdoor Center offers quality gear and guidance for all ability levels.
Start planning a river adventure you’ll remember for a lifetime and experience all the best life has to offer in the Asheville area. Be sure to check out all the properties on Inspired Getaway and book your upcoming stay today.
Summer in Asheville, NC can bring you closer to nature or delight you with new city activities. Whichever direction you choose to go, you’ll find things to do. But to avoid the commonplace tourist destinations and the overhyped activities, your best bet is to try one — or more — of these 10 unique-to-Asheville tours. Pick the ones that resonate with your interests for a delightful experience.
10 Tours for Your Summer in Asheville
If you don’t know where to begin, try an entertaining tour to get a feel for the landscape. LaZoom not only provides a fun ride around Asheville’s distinctive locations but also includes live comedy. It’s like a theatre on four wheels and comes highly recommended.
Unplug, unwind, and reconnect with your own, custom mini-retreat in Asheville, NC. Choose a-la-carte from a menu of options like Private Chef Services, Tarot Readings, Mountaintop Yoga Hikes, Forest Bathing Walks, Private Yoga Sessions, Winery Tours, and more or work with their complimentary concierge service to create your ideal wellness retreat.
Whether you want a one-of-a-kind bachelorette party or a scavenger hunt with your friends or family, choose Asheville Detours. Explore the city while participating in fun activities. These tours take you off the beaten path. They also make authentic Asheville gift boxes available.
Western North Carolina is wine country. These tours take you inside the world of wineries, but the best part may be the beautiful countryside surrounding most destinations. Choose three or four of the area’s 13 wineries.
This cruise cut to the chase of one of Asheville’s major industries: beer production. These cruises are entertaining and educational, allowing you to sample a variety of beers while enlightening you on the history, work and passion behind each sip.
Offers guided walking tours of the city. The specialists who lead these tours know Asheville’s history and architecture better than anyone. These one-of-a-kind tours inform and delight you as you learn about the rich art, culture and history of the city and region.
These walking tours lead you to see stunning waterfalls and get you closer to wildlife while also introducing you to edible plants. Visit a world of wildflowers and exotic trees. Learn and experience nature as never before.
These tours offer a bird’s eye view of the city. Go on a magnificent tour of Asheville’s best rooftop pubs, which not only show off some gorgeous views but also offer local brews and carefully crafted cocktails.
A delicious way to explore Asheville is these tours for foodies. The city features 3 unique food tours and many eateries with over 500 reviews on TripAdvisor and a 5-star rating. Choose a culinary experience that suits your tastes. These tours reveal fascinating historical facts as well.
Asheville has a history as an artist haven. These tours take you to different sites and give you a personalized map so you can choose what you want to see. Visit directly with artists and even spend time making your own art in painting, clay, glasswork and woodworking.
Springtime in Asheville bursts forth with more than vibrant flowers and fresh leaves. Lots of unforgettable experiences await you around the city, leading you to fun times that entice you to return.
Inspired Getaway makes your spring visit to Asheville unforgettable by partnering with our city’s top experience-based businesses. When you stay at a vacation rental that uses Inspired Getaway, the best of Asheville is available to you.
What Does Asheville Picnic Company Offer?
Asheville Picnic Company delivers woven baskets filled with local delights to your vacation rental or one of Asheville’s most beautiful, including:
- Botanical Gardens of Asheville, which holds 10 acres of meadows and streams
- Asheville Downtown Pack Square, an urban park with a peaceful greenspace
- French Broad River Park and Carrier Park, two parks connected by a greenway with river views and a 2.8-mile walking/biking path
- The North Carolina Arboretum features groomed hiking and biking trails
- The Biltmore Estate, with thousands of acres to explore around the USA’s largest private home
Asheville Picnic Company offers traditional or luxury picnic baskets to suit your tastes. These baskets come with everything you need for a picnic in Asheville.
What’s the Most Efficient Way to See Asheville?
Asheville has so much to see. The most efficient way to get to it all is on the seat of an electric bicycle from the Flying Bike Electric Bike Tours. Their all-ages tour stops at Asheville’s noteworthy points of interest, including:
- The Basilica of St. Lawrence, an architectural masterpiece by Rafael Gustavino
- Historic Montford neighborhood, where Asheville’s most beautiful historic homes line quiet streets
- Grove Park Inn, featuring a magnificent view from the Sunset Terrace
- Pack Square, a park in downtown Asheville’s urban center
- South Slope neighborhood, for a rejuvenated section of Asheville
The Flying Bike Tour is a great group activity. You ride a Pedego Boomerang Plus e-bike, which is comfortable and easy to use. You can choose the level of electric assistance to get a workout or to relax.
How Can I Best Enjoy the Adult Beverages of Asheville?
Asheville Wine Tours lets you experience North Carolina’s best vineyards and wineries in luxurious comfort. The wine regions you visit with Asheville Wine Tours include:
- Hendersonville, where you can find five wineries 45 minutes south of Asheville
- Tryon, a little past Hendersonville, where you visit a group of four wineries with a viticultural history, dating back over a century
- Lake James, where there are two wineries 50 minutes east of Asheville
- Asheville, including the Biltmore Estate and Plēb Urban Winery, both offer unique tasting experiences within the city limits
- Van in Black luxury transportation for large, small or combined groups.
For something stronger, indulge in a Cultivated Cocktails + H&H Distillery Experience. You can taste locally crafted spirits at Cultivated Cocktail’s cozy downtown Asheville location. To learn more about the making of H&H spirits, join them for a tour of the distillery.
Can I Have A Wellness-Forward Experience In Asheville?
If you want to experience relaxation and self-care on your visit, Asheville Wellness Tours is your one-stop shop. You can tour everything a wellness-minded visitor needs, including:
- Fun hiking/yoga tours
- Stand up paddleboard (SUP) yoga classes
- Guided forest bathing
- Baby goat yoga
- Guided meditations
- Group tarot readings
- Cooking classes
Asheville Wellness Tours connects you with nature, yourself, and others. All of Inspired Getaway’s seasonal business partnerships do the same to enhance your stay in Asheville. Contact us today to ensure your visit to Asheville is the best it can be.
Tick Tock Concierge Services
Asheville is a world of culture, cuisine and entertainment, just waiting for you. Whether you’re visiting for business, sightseeing or scouting the area to move here, having a local concierge on your side ensures that you make the most of your time in the arts capital of The Blue Ridge Mountains.
Kara Candler and her team at Tick Tock Concierge are your Asheville local guides. They understand how the city functions and where all the secret spots are located. Seeing Asheville is an adventure that can leave you with long-lasting memories.
How Does Tick Tock Concierge Enhance My Visit?
Visiting a new place is stimulating, but possibly overwhelming. Add to that running errands or coming up with a schedule, and you may miss the wonder of discovering a new town. Tick Tocks give you the freedom to focus on your visit’s purpose and connecting Asheville visitors to a range of activities, including:
Biltmore Estate. Tick Tock arranges for a top-rated experience at America’s largest private home with 8,000 acres of beauty and history.
Downtown Asheville. Anyone can stumble around downtown, but Tick Tock knows where to hear homegrown music and see the quirky side of this little metropolis. They can also direct you to the best restaurants in town and the best boutiques and art shops.
Breweries. Sample the best local craft brews in the friendliest locales in town. The Tick Tock team are locals whose insights save you time and effort. The concierge service provided by Tick Tock gives you a trusted partner who takes care of the mundane tasks during your stay.
How Does a Concierge Service Save Me Time?
Weeding through visitor’s guides, online reviews, and travel blogs to figure out all the things to do and places to see in a new city takes hours. And you can’t always trust what you read. When you hire Tick Tock, all you have to do is tell your concierge about your interests, and they take care of the rest. Your concierge provides you with insider advice, including:
- Reservations at the best restaurants with local cuisine
- Routes and times to avoid rush hour
- Custom can’t-miss sights that fit your interests and schedule
- Outdoor adventure trips on land or water … or both if you’ve got the time
- It doesn’t help if you discover it’s impossible to get from event A to event B on your schedule in time. Tick Tock checks your itinerary to make sure it’s realistic. Your concierge gets you where you need to be with plenty of time to enjoy your new surroundings.
What Services Does Tick Tock Provide Me?
Tick Tock does everything you need to have a seamless trip, from arrival to departure. Services are billed at an hourly rate and include:
- Pre-Arrival grocery shopping/delivery
- Celebratory pre-arrival decor
- Dining and Activity recommendations/reservations
- Private transportation
- Private Chef services
- In-Home Entertainment such as: Yoga, Massage etc.
Contact Inspired Getaway to arrange your concierge during your stay in Asheville.
The new owner of Inspired Getaway is proud to welcome you to the expanded and updated website introducing you to the latest on all you’ve come to appreciate from your Western North Carolina vacation rental home service. Owners and guests alike have enjoyed the enhancements brought on by Carolyn Black, property manager for Inspired Getaway for three years prior to purchasing the business.
Improved Guest Benefits
As guests of the premier Asheville-area booking and concierge vacation rental company, you’ll see more benefits, including:
- An improved, streamlined booking website, making it easier than ever to reserve your next stay
- Increased concierge services available through a partnership with Tick Tock Concierge — which isn’t related to the whimsical Tik Tok social media site, but instead is a service expressly dedicated to making your time in the Asheville area exquisitely organized
- A newly added property management assistant to ensure prompt responses to all your needs and requests
- Deals and specials through new relationships with local attractions, such as the Biltmore Estate
Improved Owner Benefits
As owners of a property under Inspired Getaway property managers, in Cedar Cliff Village or elsewhere, you also reap benefits under the new owner, including:
- A streamlined booking site where you can highlight special features of your property to respond to specific property inquiries
- A new partnership with an experienced, successful marketing team to ensure the greatest visibility for your property, resulting in maximum returns on your investment
- Expanded partnerships with local attractions and special deals for your guests, which leads to longer stays and more repeat business
- A new property manager assistant to ensure your guests are happy and you don’t have to worry about your property or your guests’ comfort
What’s the Best Way to Visit Asheville and Feel the Most Comfortable?
With an abundance of hotels scattered throughout the Asheville and Hendersonville areas, and more in the pipeline, owners of rental properties find the landscape more competitive than ever. Guests have more options from which to choose, making it difficult to capture their attention even for a beautifully managed and cared-for home while visiting the mountains of Western North Carolina.
So it’s more important than ever that you stand out from the crowd of national hotel chains, bed-and-breakfasts and Airbnb rooms. Investing in a property management team like Inspired Getaway truly is the ultimate win-win for both guests and owners for a number of reasons, including:
- Property that’s ideal for groups who want to stay close to each other without having to share common areas. Properties at Cedar Cliff Village, for example, provide the perfect setting for friends, families and business associates to each experience a lovely home-away-from-home experience and still be within walking distance of each other.
- Robust marketing that focuses on high value rather than high volume, targeting an international market that appreciates the personal touch when it comes to their travel plans. Visitors who prefer privacy, service and room to breathe over the sometimes-packed lobbies of major hotels look for this type of lodging. A newly revamped website optimized for their searches, brings these visitors to your property.
- Local ownership that means on-site oversight from the company owner when necessary as well as partnerships with local entertainment, shopping and points of interest venues well known among the local staff.
- The new Inspired Getaway website and blog are here for owners and guests alike. Take advantage of all the perks available through this boutique property management company. Carolyn Black cares about your property and your guests.
Visit the site, contact the team and return often to see what’s new and exciting in Western North Carolina and the world of vacation rentals in Asheville.